Love

October 24, 2016

When I was a girl and a stray cat came into our yard, my mother never said "Love that cat." She didn't need to. The moment I saw a helpless, hungry, thirsty, abandoned life, my heart melted. I wanted to save it, feed it, hug it, and love it. And love was easy for me, because my walk to greet the cat was uninterrupted by human words or actions, telling me how I should feel and whether or not I should suppress love. I was a little mom in a way, wanting to nurture the necessary emotion that was naturally inside me (maybe because I somehow knew I'd need more of it in an adult world where love sometimes dwindles).Love is health, I learned over the years. It is also free and infectious. It flows naturally like a river through an unguarded heart. And no matter how much I have of it, I will always want more. Because there's always room for more love.

No comments:

Post a Comment