Being Alone in Nature

September 11, 2014


I went kayaking 5 miles for the first time earlier this year, by myself. Sometimes it's just so awesome to be alone in nature! I saw a dog chasing a fox, a muskrat floating next to my boat, and lots of ducks. I don't get teary-eyed often but I do if I am witnessing wildlife that is a rarity- like the fox. He and I just stared at each other for what seemed a full minute after he dodged the dog. I'm guessing he was just hungry and going by the single house nearby because he smelled garbage. 

Oh how I wish all people would love nature to the point they live as if they care about it. There is nothing like it, especially when you watch and observe and just appreciate rather than kill for the sport of things.

 “The more clearly we can focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for destruction.” ~Rachel Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment