September 16, 2014

Decorating Fashion Bohemian Boho Style Gyspy Garland Art Crown



Who doesn't love color! Bohemian is a free-spirited, fun, non-traditional, and funky style. And over the past year the style is growing in popularity.


The bohemian style, to me, has a little of Moroccan flair as well as hippy chic and Indian. I love the bright colors, crazy patterns, beads and trims, and making something handmade or up-cycled. All of these things together scream Bohemian.


Adding big pillows of various colors and sizes, unique colorful art, frames with bold colors, and handmade fabric rugs is a great way to get started. But first, you must consider what to do with the walls. You need to decide whether you want white walls or walls with color. If white is your choice, then I would recommend adding lots of color to your room with some of the objects I mention above.


 Even with white walls, you may want to add color with fancy stenciled patterns around the ceiling or top/bottom/center of walls. Perhaps one large stenciled colorful design above a couch or bed would be chic, and even a stenciled rug on the floor. I like the idea of keeping it simple and handmade, yet explosive in color at the same time.


No matter what, have fun decorating and think outside the box! Try making things yourself using what you already have by up-cycling it. Visit thrift shops, yard sales, and flea markets for unique finds. There you will likely find what you are looking for.


Lastly, I had so much fun making my first purse that I decided to keep it. It is made entirely from scraps, such as hand-me-down dance dress pieces, a 70's dress, and yard sale finds.










1 comment: