Moon Magic

May 10, 2013


The moon’s magic is supposedly much more powerful in its “full” stage. The other night, when I went out to gather my clothes from the clothesline (I worried it might rain), the moon's beauty drew me in. The air was warm, the evening quiet- except for the occasional bark of a distant dog. A sudden impulse caused me to grab my camera and go off on a short walk. I let the moon guide me up the hill and through a dark wooded area that leads back to the house. I was feeling very calm and in the brightest of moods.


The legend that I knew of, about the full moon bringing out the dark side of people, was just the opposite of how I felt, quite peaceful.

I've never studied much about the moon and all its phases, but I like to believe that the bright side of the moon does wonders for a person’s soul.

PHASES OF THE MOON

Waning Moon
First Quarter Moon
Last Quarter Moon
Waning Crescent Moon
New Moon
Waxing Crescent Moon
Waxing Moon
Full Moon


Once in a "blue" moon, I think about what it would be like to live on the moon. Maybe looking down on the ball I live on, I can fix things on a grand scale much easier.