Time

March 25, 2013





When I was a young girl and I had a crush on a boy, I remember how broken my heart was when I had learned that he had a girlfriend. My friend Monica tried to comfort me by saying, "You'll feel better with time, Lisa." She was right, even though I didn't believe her at the time. When one of my sister's passed away, and Monica too, I remembered thinking about time, and how I wanted it to pass fast so that the heaviness in my heart would lessen. It seems that no matter what we do in our lives, time is the one thing that is forever with us. We wait for it to arrive; we wait for it to pass; we try to rush it or slow it as we’re passing through it; and at times we yearn to stop it-freeze it so we can stay in the moment forever.

There's time for work, time for play, time for rest, but never time for time; we don’t just sit around watching clock’s tick, or count seconds as they seconds pass by- then waste time thinking about the time we wasted because we've counted those seconds. (Did that even make sense?).

A woman in a car pulled out in front of me today, because she must have felt she could not spare the time it would have taken for me to pass her in my car. How many of us cut someone off just so we can save time getting from point A to point B? If you were to add up those minutes in a lifetime of cutting corners, you may gain a day or two to your life, possibly more. 

I sometimes cut corners in my daily chores at home, I will admit, so that I can gain more time for relaxing and doing other things I love. But there comes a time, a LOT of time, when I am quite aware that my life is much more rewarding when I don't think about how much time has passed- no plans, no hurries, just patience and living in the moment.


It’s time to get up
It’s time to go
One at a time
In good times and bad times
All in good time
Time flies
I wish I had the time you have
In time it’ll go away
Take your time
3rd times a charm
The time is right
It must be nice to have so much time on your hands
Desperate times
Time is money
All the time
It’s just a matter of time
It’s about time
Time flies when you’re having fun
Time is on your side
Time goes by so fast
What time is it?
Time and again
Time to kill
Killing time
Time wasted

Time is what we want most, but what we use worst. -William Penn



No comments:

Post a Comment